Okefenokee Track & Cycling Club
In February 2010, the track club reformed as the Okefenokee Track & Cycling Club, an Affiliate of the Childers Family YMCA of Waycross. The club was originally organized on March 29, 1979. The club is dedicated to the community by encouraging fitness through running, jogging, walking, and cycling. We have several members who compete in triathlons and Ironmans. Numerous track club members participate in cycling group rides/events, so it was voted to reform by including the former Satilla Cycling Club.
Club Goals E.S.I.E.
- Educate: Learn fitness tips & tricks of the trade.
- Serve: Encourage others to better fitness through walking, running and cycling.
- Inform: Provide information on local fitness events.
- Exercise: Provide opportunities for group and buddy work outs.
- OTCC members demonstrate a personal influence in the community regarding walking, running, jogging, and cycling activities.
- OTCC members act as a role model for such acts.
- OTCC members give of time and talent to others.
- OTCC members demonstrate an unselfish attitude towards helping others.
- OTCC members display a sense of fair play and good sportsmanship.